Konica Minolta bizhub C450
Instructions for setting up User Authentication and Account Tracking
These installation instructions were written specifically for the Windows XP platform but should work on other Windows platforms as well.
At this point in time - user authentication and account tracking is not available for Unix and Macintosh operating systems.
Instructions for Windows client computers:
- Start --> Printers and Faxes
- Right click on the Konica Minolta printer and select Properties at the bottom
- Under the General tab, click on the Printing Preferences... button
- Under the Setup tab on the Printing Preferences window, click on the User Authentication/Account Track... button
- On the User Authentication/Account Track window - check the box marked Account Track. Please enter your Cornell NetID in the Department Name field and enter your Konica Minolta password in the Password field (this is the same password you enter when you use the Konica Minolta as a copier).
BE SURE TO USE YOUR CORNELL NETID IN THE DEPARTMENT NAME FIELD
- Click OK on the User Authentication/Account Track window to close it
- Under the Quality tab on the Printing Preferences window, click on the Grayscale radio button in the Color Selection section
- Click OK on the Konica Minolta Printing Preferences window to close it
- Click OK on the Konica Minolta Properties window to close it
Your Konica Minolta printer should now be configured for user authentication and account tracking and also to use grayscale printing by default.